Carding Service for Spinners – Make Your Own Unique Scrappy Batt Using Your Own Scraps, Bits, Bobs, Odds and Ends
- Wool of any sort or animal fiber (minimal felting please)
- Yarn, thread (any weight – but no chenille, or “tubing” type yarns, no ribbon)
- Acrylic, polyester, nylon, synthetics
How It Works:
- You send me a baggie filled with your odds and ends.
- I send you an email and we can chat about what I can do and what you are looking for:
- base colors
- your spinning skill level
- Once we agree on our direction, I sort and prep your fibers for my carder and create your unique one of a kind batt
- The process will take a couple of days if there is no wait.
I can create a single batt with around an oz (+/-) of material. If you have less, don’t worry, we can pad it with a synthetic or wool (depending on my stock at the time.)
Total Batt Weight Depends on How much you send me and how much additional material I add.
The gallery shows example batts and example “Scrappy Batt” skeins. You will not receive these particular batts.
Because these are hand blended, you may find small thicker, thinner, or even lofty areas. All batts are one of a kind or similar. What you see is what I have.
Each batt order *may* contain any-or all-of these fibers:
- wool from any number of live animals (sheep, goats, alpaca, etc.)
- A stray/random cat hair
- recycled and upcycled fibers (silk, other yarns)
- Synthetic fibers (rayon, nylon, polyester)
- shiny sparkle (angelina, firestar, starbright)
ALLERGY NOTICE: I do share my home with a Ragdoll cat named Baker. Generally, he keeps away from the fiber but I can't promise that a stray hair will not make it into a product. Additionally, because I take in other people's fur for the purposes of making the Keepsake Hearts, there may be other fur crossover. If you are concerned about a potential allergy, these may not be the products for you. =)
|Dimensions||8 × 6 × 4 in|